Call for nomination of the IAMU Representatives to External Meetings
The International Association of Maritime Universities is pleased to announce the call for nomination of the IAMU Representatives to External Meetings in FY2018.
The Liaison Committee invites member Universities to suggest names of faculty members for attendance at external meetings (in particular IMO Committee Meetings) for FY2018.
Criteria and conditions for nomination
Member universities, when nominating individuals to attend the meetings, should take into account the following:
- The individuals’ familiarity with, experience and exposure to the subject matter and area of work which is the focus of the meeting concerned and the specific agenda of the particular meeting;
- The individuals’ awareness of the strategic goals of IAMU with reference to the Basic Agreement and Statements;
- The individuals’ availability to travel during the scheduled meeting, per the LC Action Plan, and their ability to acquire the necessary national/regional entry permits.
Member Universities interested in nominating faculty members for attendance at external meetings (in particular IMO Committee Meetings) for FY2018 should download the application form, and
- To prepare an application form for attendance at external meetings, and
- To submit the application form to the IAMU Secretariat (contact details shown below) as a pdf file with signature and Excel file attached to an e-mail with a subject “Nomination for attendance at external meetings”. Submissions should be made no later than midnight, 31 January 2018 JST (Japan Standard Time).
Contact person: Deputy Executive Director, Mr. Yutaka Emi
Reference is Guidelines for IAMU participation of external meetings
The Liaison Commitee will select individuals to represent the IAMU from the nominations received from the member Universities. In making this selection, the LC should take into account the following:
- Costs related to attending the meeting (including, but not limited to travel costs) vis-à-vis the IAMU budget for the year;
- Giving a fair opportunity for all IAMU members to attend such meetings;
- The need that may arise for the appointment of an alternative attendee in the case where a primary attendee is unable to attend;
- The necessity of sending an “understudy” to ensure continuity of representation and transfer of knowledge where the meetings in view are repetitive (e.g. IMO Committee meetings)