We are pleased to announce that the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), with support from the Government of Norway, are jointly hosting the third IMO-UNEP-Norway Innovation Forum on Thursday, 28 September 2023.
Over the past two years, we have successfully organized consecutive Innovation Forums, with over 1,300 online participants in 2021 and over 1,900 participants (online and in-person) in 2022. Building upon this success, we are delighted to announce the third edition of the Innovation Forum.
This year’s event will be hosted in a hybrid format, in person at the IMO Headquarters in London and online, which promises even greater engagement and excitement.
The Forum will be held in connection with the celebrations of the World Maritime Day and discussions will focus, but not limited to, the World Maritime Day 2023 theme, “MARPOL at 50 – Our commitment goes on” which reflects the need for further dialogue on IMO’s work in enhancing sustainable maritime practices and aligning them with the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
– A high-level panel of speakers will engage participants in a stimulating and fruitful debate, through a very lively format, around topics like:
– Role of innovation in improving the environmental performance of maritime transport;
– Complementing the prohibition on discarding plastic into the sea from ships with innovation and information;
– From IMO 2020 to IMO 2030: How IMO’s fuel standards support innovation in marine fuel production?;
– Decarbonizing the Maritime Sector: Innovative approach to bridging the Global North-South Gap
– Innovative Strategies for a More Sustainable Maritime Sector through Partnerships
… and more to be announced.
Be sure to stay tuned and we encourage you to mark your calendars and ‘SAVE THE DATE’ to engage in this in-person/virtual event.
For more information, please visit our website.
To register for the event please use the following link https://forms.office.com/e/JQFjNitJcY
We encourage you to disseminate this information as widely as possible.